Friday, May 1, 2009

A bit of everything...

On my birthday, I had to work (b/c of TAKS), so Gran Jan came down to keep Morgan and Kennedy. She was so sweet to fix chicken spaghetti, bread, salad, and a peach cobbler for dinner. And Morgan was so sweet to prepare a party for me with poodles and all. This is a picture of my birthday guests. ... and the sweet card Morgan gave me. If you can tell, it says, "Happy Mother, Morgan." Mother and Morgan are written backwards.
Morgan also prepared her little table with presents (drawings from Morgan), flowers that she picked, and cards. She gets so excited about birthdays and is so sweet!

Today I found these at Hobby Lobby... aren't they perfect for Kennedy's birthday! Also, my sweet friend Kristy gave us the CUTEST pink kitchen (like pottery barns) for FREE! We offered to buy it but she wouldn't let us. I was planning on buying Kennedy the pink kitchen at Kids Village for her birthday and this one is almost the same. I want Jason to build (with help from grandparents) Morgan and Kennedy a nice, big playhouse (we had one when we were little and we loved it) and now we can move Morgan's old kitchen to the playhouse (if and when it gets built).

Last night, I had coffee and pie with some of the coache's wives from a high school in town. Roxanne, whose husband is the head coach had it at her house and she has the most beautiful, vintage, fun house. I got some ideas, so while I was at Hobby Lobby today to look for birthday plates, napkins, and cups, I copied some of her cute ideas!
She had the cutest laundry room and she had her detergent in a clear jar. I already had this jar, so I'm going to put my detergent in it... it spruces up my beat up, old dryer!
She also had NEST spelled out in a basket on her dining room table. I bought these and spelled out Johns under my end table. I've been looking for something to go on the shelf underneath the end table forever and couldn't ever find what I wanted. I like how this turned out and I got the basket on CLEARANCE! Of course, the letters were 50% off b/c you never buy anything at HL that's not... b/c if it's not on sale this week, it will be next week! Ha!
Can't forget a picture of my girls before our little shopping excurision.

14 comments:

ajphillips said...

Do you have on your matching dress?

Morgan wanted to cut a rose off of one of our rose bushes to give you for your birthday. She said you loved roses....

Kim said...

So precious! See...I need a girl for all those fun things! ;) Anyhow, I think that was just adorable...poodles and all! Hope yall are great! And I agree with you about HL! I did the no-no a few weeks ago and bought a MIRROR for FULL PRICE!? What!? I know...crazy! So...I bought it on sale this week, then stood back in line, and returned it with my old receipt! Ha!

Michelle said...

happy belated birthday. sounds like you had quite the celebration with your girls!

Terah said...

Okay...since you are stealing ideas from other people...I am going to steal yours...take lots of pics of Kennedy's party and save all your goodies because I think thats the cuteset idea EVER!!! You might have to come plan Jolea's 2nd birthday for me!!! You are so creative little missy!!!

The Wiemers said...

That was so sweet of Morgan and Gran Jan. I like all your new stuff!

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

Whitney I had a wonderful day with your girls on Wednesday. The weather was perfect for being outside and we enjoyed swinging, playing, cooking, walking, picking wildflowers, and getting ready to celebrate your birthday. Jason came home to pick up his lunch and he and Morgan ran to buy balloons and cards. From there for Morgan it was full steam ahead with the party preparations and making room for all those "guests"......(for a little while in the afternoon the "guests" were actaully students at Rainbow Bible and she was "Teacher Morgan" and I was "Teacher Gran Jan"..........

Again Happy Birthday. You are a very special gal...and as I have said before all of the positive qualities that you as well as Jason possess are very reflected in those precious little girls.

You guys make it a great weekend.

Love You with All of My Heart!!

Glenna said...

So sweet of Morgan and Gran Jan to do all that for your birthday. Morgan will be a pro at planning parties when she is grown. Love all the pictures and have a great weekend.

Michelle said...

Can I just say small world!? ROXANNE is an old neighbor of mine! Oh how I miss that precious lady!!!

mondie said...

I love that last picture of the girls. I know you are glad the TAKS tests are over. I know I am.

Jackie said...

Love the little ensemble you put on your dryer!! That gave me a little idea for when we paint our kitchen and wash room!

And the girls are as cute as ever!! Kenady is looking SO big!!

Roxanne said...

Whitney! How fun! What a cute blog! ...and i love seeing your new creations. You have impecable taste! Thanks agin for joining us the other night. Hope to see you real soon!

Michelle said...

Pearland. She lived one street over, next door to my close friend, Joni. She's the BEST isn't she? And I check her blog daily.

Thank you!

Joni said...

Okay, I have been secretly reading your blog for a while now. I have to say I am a little jealous that you were at my favorite lady's house!!!! We love Ms. Roxannne!!!! I lived next door to her for about 3 years and miss her so very much. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her. She was and still is one of the best blessings to our little family. Thanks for sharing:)

Roxanne said...

Oh! How sweet! Thank you Whitney for telling me about Michelle and Joni hanging out over here. I miss them so much, too! I'm all teary and feel very loved. Big hug!