Sunday, February 8, 2009

Trip to Gruene Day 2

We started off Day 2 in Gruene with breakfast at our Bed and Breakfast. It was AMAZING! Absolutely delicious! We headed to the Outlet mall in San Marcus around 9:00 a.m. We shopped until around 2:30 that day. Well, I shopped, Jason walked with me and read a book when I went into a store. We found some great deals at Banana Republic, Carters, Charlotte Russe, Heartstrings, and Tommy for Kids. Jason got some sunglasses and a shirt that says, "You can all go to hell. I'm going to Texas. - Davey Crockett." We seriously went through the entire mall in 5 hours. I have a rule when I shop... I only buy something if I LOVE it! I'm pretty picky and I know what I love, so it doesn't take me long!

Saturday night, our friends that we coached with in Wichita Falls, Josh and Brandi, and Jason's friends from high school and college, Josh and Greg came out to Gruene. We had dinner at the Gristmill and then just hung out and listened to some music. We had so much fun catching up! Josh and Brandi even got a babysitter and stayed the night at another bed and breakfast! Thanks guys! Gruene Hall is where George Strait got his start... here's his picture hanging inside there! Jason and I tried to find the place where we carved our name in the table in Gruene Hall right after we got married. We didn't have much luck!
Sitting outside of our little room.
The yummy breakfast
Gruene Hall... the oldest dance hall in Texas!

Josh, Brandi, Jason, and I eating at the Gristmill.

1 comment:

Glenna said...

Oh ya, I remember eating at the Grismill now that I see the picture. That was nice that your friends came there too. I am sure you all had a blast!