Wednesday, February 4, 2009

OVERWHELMED!!!!

Today I have been overwhelmed so I'm thankful that Friday morning Jason and I are leaving to go stay at this Bed and Breakfast for a few nights! We plan to eat at the Grismill and go to San Antonio to eat on the Riverwalk and shop at Steinmart. Abilene's Steinmart closed and that was where I bought most of my clothes, so Jason promised me we could visit Steimart for a little while on our trip! We also plan to just relax and enjoy being kid free! Although, we will for sure miss our kids (after 1 day)!Doesn't this place look really nice! I can't wait!
Now I know.... Moms don't have time to be sick!

Friday I was sick with a virus, food poisoning, something! Jason even stayed home and kept the girls b/c Kennedy had a fever the day before so she had a Dr. appointment at 11:00 that morning. I didn't get out of bed all day until 7:00 that night and then went to bed at 8:00 that night. I was praying I would feel okay the next morning, b/c I didn't want to miss shopping with friends. Jason packed the girls' bags... that was a challenge :) and met my mom with the girls at 4:00 that afternoon.

I went shopping on Saturday and Sunday and got home around 9:00 Sunday night. Monday I slept in b/c I didn't go to sleep (Starbucks!) Sunday night until 2:30 a.m. I got up cleaned my house, met with my student teachers and then headed to meet my parents for dinner. We got home around 8:30 that night.

Yesterday I worked, came home and cleaned my house (again) real quick and a couple came to see our house. They left around 7:00.

So basically for four days, I didn't do any laundry and today I'm overwhelmed with it!!!!!!!! Actually, today I've been overwhelmed in general b/c I am observing student teachers all day tomorrow and Jason's mom is coming tomorrow night so we can celebrate Jason's birthday early. Then Friday morning, Jason and I are leaving to go on a trip until Sunday. We're celebrating recruiting being OVER! Well, sort of! You coaches wives know what I mean! :) So, I have to get everything done today including going to the grocery store so Gran Jan, Morgan, and Kennedy will have something to eat this weekend!

I hate feeling overwhelmed! I know it's probably b/c I'm a perfectionist (ugh!). Do you ever feel this way?

9 comments:

Glenna said...

I felt that way when I got home Monday night. Like, I had to get everything all cleaned up and organized again. I made a lot of headway last night on my laundry and cleaned my car up both inside and out. I still have all the toys in the bassinet to sort out and put up. Try to take a deep breath and work through it and do one thing at a time and it will all get done. If you think of it all at one then it is overwhelming so just think one thing at a time and then you will get it all accomplished. I had to do a lot after the girls were asleep while they were here because I was not used to working with little kids in the house like I used to be.

You all have a great trip and please be safe. I know the girls will be in good hands. I told Janet that Ash would be in town if she needed someone for any reason.

Early "Happy Birthday" wishes to Jason.

The Wiemers said...

The Gruene River Grill is way better then the Grist Mill. It is right there in Gruene and is a neat setting.

Kim said...

I was reading and found myself thinking "Uh-huh! Uh-huh! I know EXACTLY what you mean!" throught the WHOLE thing. Well, minus the coaching part. But, Aaron does travel a lot, so I think that counts, right? :) Anyhow, I hope you get it all done. If it makes you feel better, my house is a wreck, there are 4 or 5 loads of clean laundry on my table right now, and Aaron is at Love Grub ar church tonight without me, because the boys are both sick (ear infections, snotty noses, not eating, not sleeping, etc. etc.), and here I am surrounded by this mess! I am fixing to go crazy b/c I am the same way...a perfectionist and OCD. Ha! Anyhow, I will stop pretending this is an email, and let you go now! Hope you and Jason have a great time this weekend! I am SO JEALOUS! Have a blast!!

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

I can't wait to see you tomorrow night but pls pls pls don't go to any trouble for me--

The B&B looks adorable; I love that part of the state. I am so happy that you and Jason will have a chance to go away on your own and spend some quality time with each other. Make the most of your trip.

I know you will miss your girls and they will miss you but we will be fine. And anythign you need done around your house just point me in the direction.

I hope I get to see Ashley this weekend.

See you tomorrow!!

Shelley said...

I feel that way most of the time, too. Hang in there and have a great weekend :)

Sunday said...

Your weekend plans sound like so much fun! I wish Clint and I did more going away, but it always seems like we talk ourselves out of it. I am a perfectionist, so I can totally relate to what you are feeling. I stay up most nights until 11 or so making sure everything is in its right place, etc....Have fun this weekend! Your a lucky gal.

Robyn said...

You will love Gruene Mansion Inn!!! Ken & I got to go 2 years ago and it was fabulous!! So relaxing. Ken slept one entire day while we were there (I drove over the the outlets in San Marcos). There are also some really neat places to eat in downtown N.B. Have fun!!

Erin said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate recruiting season ending! Matt and I need to do something like that before the baby comes. You will have to let me know what you think of the place.

Have a great time!

Jackie said...

Have a great time!! All Mom and Dad's should get to do this!! :) I have yet to leave Autumn overnight anywhere yet!! Pretty bad, huh?? I guess I feel bad b/c they have to spend 45 hrs a week @ daycare w/o me, so I want to spend as much time at night and on the weekends with them as I can. Call me wacky, I know!!

Anyways, Enjoy it!!