Monday, December 29, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

I love after Christmas sales. Thanks to those fabulous sales, this is how I'm doing my door next year! Isn't it cute. I've already bought the stuff all for cheap, cheap after Christmas. I finally found this cute mesh ribbon on line and I'm adding it to my tree next year too! It's the coolest stuff! Christmas is such a fun time... we all love getting and giving gifts, but I was happy yesterday when I asked Morgan what the true meaning of Christmas was and she said, "Jesus." Which... brings me to one of the wonderful Christmas presents Aunt Nancy gave us... a sign that says, "The Cross Made the Difference for Me." Isn't that awesome! Thanks Nancy... as you can see I've already found a place for it! While shopping after Christmas sales, I found a pre-lit Christmas tree for $36. The tree Jason and I bought when we were engaged was a $200 tree from Hobby Lobby that we bought for $33 after Christmas. It has had it... I had to wire the top just to stay on straight this year. Then, I found these candlesticks at Hobby Lobby BROKE and they sold them to me for $3.99 each. Of course, I glued them back together and you can hardly tell. Jocelyn, this picture is for you... here's how the candles turned out.
Gran Jan always gives the girls a gift certificate to this fabulous children's boutique in Odessa called, "The Grandmother Shop." If you're ever in Odessa, GO! It's a great store. Unfortunately, even the really cute sale clothing was $80 plus. I usually find stuff cheaper, but not this year, so I bought these cute tutu decorations for the girls' rooms. This is Morgan's. Kennedy's matches her room with pink, brown, and leopard. I added the tulle and ribbon to the top. And, Morgan's "big" gift from Santa was the pink and white TV. Ganna is getting the DVD player to with it. We have Christmas with my side of the family this weekend.

3 comments:

ajphillips said...

where did you get the ribbon? I like that stuff too and always wanted it on my tree, but I've never seen it anywhere.

Janet aka "Gran Jan" said...

Glad you found the ribbon; the door decorations are just beautiful. Thanks for making our Christmas so special and have a great time with your family. Give everyone my love and best.........

Anonymous said...

I want to know too. I love that door. I would like to see it closer, just in case you move then I can steal the idea! Ha!