Whew... this last week has been devastating... friends brother dies suddenly, 2 boys in the town where I'm from hit head on while riding a 4-wheeler and motorcycle and are on life support, 19 year old kid in the town where I'm a part-time school counselor has a freak accident and dies, another friends' cousin is shot and killed, a girl who has been buying all of Kennedy and Morgan's clothes from me has triplets 10 weeks early and one passes away. Then, I'm reading a blog I enjoy tonight, called Our Journey of Love, and the Mom of the baby this couple was planning to adopt has had second thoughts, another blog Surviving Life's Curveballs remembers their baby's (who died of SIDS) birth day.
All this has really made me stop and think (and cry) about how precious life is and what really matters in life. I'm so thankful for my family and the people in my life. Life is not about the "things" I get caught up in sometimes! I would like a win on Saturday though, does that count as a thing? Hey, feeding my family depends on it! ;)
I'm even thankful for this pile of laundry I have on my bed waiting to be folded. Jason was sick Saturday night, Morgan and Kennedy were sick Sunday all throughout the night, and Kennedy has thrown up the last two nights as well (took her to the Dr. today... said she was fine). So, I've washed at least 6 loads of sheets and blankets, towels, and washrags, plus the usual laundry. But, if I didn't have these two special girls and wonderful husband who brings home field turf in his shoes and socks that gets everywhere, I wouldn't have all this laundry or need to vacuum all the time, so for that, I'm thankful!
Oh' and vote for Ken, our OC for D2 Coordinator of the Year... http://www.footballscoop.com/?page_id=354, especially after we hang 50+ on WT. :)
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







7 comments:
Cherish all the laundry and the dirt on the floors because it passes pretty fast. yes we should all be thankful for the family that we have and be sure and tell them we love them each day for we never know if we have a tomorrow. It has been a sad week with so much tragedy. The boys were taken off of life support today. Their families were gracious enough to donate their organs so that others can live. Maybe that will help them thru all of this knowing that they helped someone else because of their loss. I love you all and see you Saturday for the game. Glad the girls are feeling better.
Whitney,
Thank you for thinking of us, We greatly appreciate all of your prayers! Have a great game against West Texas!
That certainly puts things into perspective. Sometimes it takes something so bad or sad to make you realize how important your family is and to appreciate it. Thanks you for sharing all of this, I needed a reminder too. I will keep all these families in my prayers. (Plus I will pray for a win for you too!)
It has been a very long tragic week. I always cherish my family, but it's stuff like this that makes you realize what you have and how lucky you really are. I'm kissing my boys right now and I'm sure you're doing the same!
Sometimes it is easy to get caught up with all the stress in our lives...like laundry and cleaning, it's hard to remember how lucky we are! I know I let all those things bother me way too much..
Even when we try to follow God's path there are puddles along the way. Thank goodness for our faith, our families, and our friends. That is what truly matters. Live is so precious and sweet but we never know what lies around the corner. Knowing that we all have the opportunity to have a loving Savior in our lives is what will get us through any tough time and also allow us to be joyful when we have serendipities along the way.
Love you all and I know that I am the luckiest mom and Gran Jan. I am also blest to have my family and friends.
Belive it or not you will miss it all. Life sure throws lots of tough things in our paths.
Peyton did like the cake. She will not have a party in Odessa. chad gets him this weekend.
Post a Comment