Friday, October 10, 2008

A little piece of Heaven... and other happenings

We have a busy few days planned! Tonight Morgan went to Anna's birthday party at Mine by Design... a place you can paint any kind of pottery imaginable! Jason, Kennedy, and I went to Olive Garden! Wow! Our second date in a row (Kennedy going with us doesn't count b/c she's easy!!!)... we went to see Fireproof last night..., a must see! Tomorrow we have two more birthday parties and I'm meeting Erin for dinner before ACU vs. ASU (Jason and I's alma mater). Erin's husband, Matt is the DC for Angelo State. Then, Sunday we're going to go meet Cooper! Yeah, can't wait!



Well, I can imagine what heaven must be like, but heaven on earth is... A hot cup of coffee with Cinnamon Bun creamer (yes, I use a lot of creamer!), a quiet house, and getting creative. I saw a lot of cute ideas in Canton that got my creative juices flowing. So, while the girls were sleeping and Jason was working tonight here's what I did...



I also added feathers to a flower arrangement and worked on a "Sister's" frame. I haven't had time to be creative in a while, but it's always fun! Now, I have to go clean up my mess!

Also, go to http://www.gospelcity.com/ and search for Imagine Me by Kirk Franklin. Our head coach showed it to our players in the team meeting tonight and Jason just showed me it. It's basically a song/ video saying, "Imagine if God were sitting by you whispering in your ear, "Yes, you are good enough, pretty enough, smart enough." Jason and I are always talking about what Satan uses to attack us. We each have very different but very specific things that we think he uses consistently. Some of the lyrics that stick out...

"Imagine me being free, trusting you."
"Imagine me saying no to thoughts that try to control me."

"Every mistake... gone, every failure... gone... depression... gone... low self-esteem... gone. It's all gone."

Go watch and listen!

3 comments:

Amy said...

HOW ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!! I love the feathers. SO cute!! I'm going to check out the video right now. Thanks for sharing!

The Wiemers said...

Cute!!! I can't get the video to work. I will have to try it later.

Shelley said...

I love it when my creative juices flow!! You did some cute stuff :)