
I am so proud of Jason for the husband, father, man, and coach he is! He truly impacts lives in amazing ways! 0 He spends so much time at his job. I've said before that last year was an extremely hard year... we struggled defensively towards the end of the season and it's difficult to watch your husband put 100 hours a week into his job, watch players get injured and our defense not be able to stop a team from scoring 29 points in the 4th quarter of the game to win a game where the offense scores 73 (I think) points. It made my heart hurt! It made me question the coaching profession. I mean how can you work so much and have a kid not run the right coverage, miss a tackle, etc. and let the other team score a touch down and not just want to quit? Obviously, that's why I'm not a coach. I can tell you there were times after the season was over that I talked to Jason about going into Administration and getting out of coaching. Through 10 seasons of Jason coaching, that was the first time I had questioned his job.
I believe our football team has something special this year, just as the man in the letter below wrote. In the last few days, Jason recieved a letter I shared on this blog, another e-mail from a kid he coached at Old High that plays for a team in our conference, and this short note written to our head coach, OC, and Jason...
Gentlemen,
Made the trip from Fort Worth up to Durant and was really impressed. We sat right behind the bench used by the defense during ACU possessions and was particularly impressed with how Coach Johns communicated with his players.
I saw some good ACU teams while there in the mid-80s, but this team is really special. Best wishes for continued success and good luck this weekend in "The Draw".
Blessings.
R____ D___ '87
Of course I want to win, and I want our offense, defense, and special teams to play well, but most importantly, I'm proud of the difference Jason (and all the coaches) makes... God has subtle ways of reminding me what's important. I mean... Jason just got home at 9:00 (had study hall) and it's 9:45 and he's back working again!!! Yes, God, I need those subtle reminders a lot during football season.
I believe our football team has something special this year, just as the man in the letter below wrote. In the last few days, Jason recieved a letter I shared on this blog, another e-mail from a kid he coached at Old High that plays for a team in our conference, and this short note written to our head coach, OC, and Jason...
Gentlemen,
Made the trip from Fort Worth up to Durant and was really impressed. We sat right behind the bench used by the defense during ACU possessions and was particularly impressed with how Coach Johns communicated with his players.
I saw some good ACU teams while there in the mid-80s, but this team is really special. Best wishes for continued success and good luck this weekend in "The Draw".
Blessings.
R____ D___ '87
Of course I want to win, and I want our offense, defense, and special teams to play well, but most importantly, I'm proud of the difference Jason (and all the coaches) makes... God has subtle ways of reminding me what's important. I mean... Jason just got home at 9:00 (had study hall) and it's 9:45 and he's back working again!!! Yes, God, I need those subtle reminders a lot during football season.







2 comments:
You have to look at it as a ministry. That is the only way I make it through. It is not just Ken's ministry, it is our family ministry. This is our little bit that we are doing for the Kingdom. That is why I like to have at least one player over every week to show them a family and marriage, b/c most of them did not see a solid one growing up. If you look at it as "just a job", you are right, it's not worth it.
Thank goodness God showers us with little serendipities to remind us that we are on the right path. Every path does have puddles along the way but the challenge of those puddles is what helps our faith and confidence to grow in ourselves, in others and in Jesus.
Thank you for sharing your serendipities, Whitney. I am proud of Jason's calling and his witnessing. I am also proud of the fact that you are doing exactly the same starting with those 2 precious girls and channelling your witnessing through every aspect of your life.
In this day and time nothing could be more priceless.
Gran Jan
Post a Comment