Saturday, August 2, 2008

Morgan is officially a cowgirl!

Morgan's new horse, Ginger! Kennedy and Gran Jan
Jason and Morgan shooting some hoops at the bounce house. Jason was trying to teach Morgan how to dribble! Let's just say her dribbling skills have a long way to go!Morgan sliding down the slide.

Kennedy was smiling and smiling at Gran Jan! My parents bought Morgan this cute little horse named Ginger this morning. A few months ago, Morgan told them she wanted a pony and they've been looking ever since (yes, they are pathetic grandparents!). Morgan loves horses! My mom found her on horseville.com yesterday and when they called about her someone else had already come by and wanted her, but they wanted to pay her out, and the owner did not want to do that. So, they headed to Kim's last night and then to East Texas this morning to look at her. She is supposed to be extremely gentle. "Bomb proof" was the way she was described. The lady said she wouldn't hesitate to put a 4 year old on her. My Dad said she loves to eat cupcakes out of your hand.

Shhhhhh! Don't tell Morgan though, she's a suprise for Morgan's 4th birthday coming up in September! We're even having a pony/cowgirl themed birthday party!


Jason's mom (Gran Jan) also came down last night and left just a little while ago. We took Morgan to the new bounce house to play. She had a blast! She was doing front rolls down the slides! Before Gran Jan left, she and Morgan watched 2 episodes of Full House which is Morgan's new favorite show.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited about Morgan's birthday and her gift from Ganna and Pawpaw; she will be thrilled!!

Thanks for a wonderful day. It is always fun anytime we get to spend time together. I am so blest to have Jason & Whitney and those grand girls!!! Morgan is such joy (I love her imagination!) and Kennedy is a little angel on this earth......

I am the lucky one!!

Love, Gran Jan

Lindi said...

Where are you going to keep that horse? Abba wants a hamster. I think I'd rather have the horse :) What a precious addition to the family. I'm excited! Are you going to name her, use her given name or let Morgan name her?

Lindi & Crew

Proud Parents said...

How great for her to get a horse. Guess what.....our horse on the ranch is named Ginger! Bought by her grandparents as well. Aren't granparents great!

Ashlee said...

That horse is so cute, she is going to love it!! I love the pictures of Kennedy smiling she is just adorable.

Glenna said...

Glad gran Jan finally got a chance to hold Kennedy. Kennedy sure looks like she enjoyed her time with Gran Jan. Looks like Morgan had a great time. We will have to go there again sometime.

Ok....remember this "gift" has to be kept a surprise. I have been guarding her form the other horses all day. Poor little thing.

Leah said...

That is AWESOME about the horse. Will you keep it out at Baccacita Farms? They are wonderful. Salem is in horse riding lessons (mainly for HIPPO Therapy) but she loves it.

Robyn said...

How cool!! I am also wondering where you will keep it? I am clueless about horses, but I guess there are barns where you rent a stall? She will be so excited!!