Friday, August 22, 2008

Doing the hokey pokey with the football players


I thought this picture I took as we were walking to the cafeteria to eat was funny. Kennedy's head is poking out the top and Morgan's baby dolls' feet are poking out the other side. From the back, it looks like Kennedy is really long. Sweet Kennedy has blocked tear ducts so her eyes are always watering. Tonight, I had to let her cry it out. It was sad, but she only cried for 30 minutes and then was asleep. I hated doing it, but she keeps waking up when her paci falls out. For about the past two weeks, she wakes up around 3 or 4 in the morning and I'm up for the next few hours putting the paci back in. She'll be back asleep, the paci will fall out and she'll wake up again. When Morgan was a baby, we had to let her cry one time and from then on, she went to sleep easily and put herself back to sleep when she woke up. I hope it works the same with Kennedy. I just know I can't be up for 3 hours every night putting the paci back in. It stinks to do it but it's best for her and for me in the long run.
Doing the "Hokey Pokey"with 3 of our players. All three of these guys are really great players and just all around good men. They are so sweet to Morgan and all of our coaches' kids.
Do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around...
That's what it's all about!
We eat at the school cafeteria with Jason a few times a week during fall camp, b/c that's the only way we'll see him. The cafeteria is newly revamped and has really good food. Tonight we had chicken, linguini, green beans. They have cookies fresh out of the oven that melt in your mouth and they're especially good with a glass of milk. So after the pep rally tonight, we headed to eat. As we were waiting in line, Morgan started doing the hokey pokey... singing it and doing the motions. The entire cafeteria (which was mainly the football team) was staring and laughing. It was hilarious! She was shaking her little bootie like crazy on the part of the song that says, "Shake it all about." I wish I would have thought to video. She even had our center, an offensive lineman, and one of our safeties doing it with her. On top of the hokey pokey, she also performed, "Country Roads," "I want to go home with the Armadillo," and "Don't Step on my Blue Suede (she says, "sweaty") Shoes.

5 comments:

Glenna said...

That Morgan does not have a shy bone in her body. Yes daddy, I think you are going to have your hands full with the boys and Morgan. Kennedy is so precious. I love her little smiles.

Wish I would have been there to see the entertainment!

Anonymous said...

Well I don't remember Morgan's daddy ever performing the hokey pokey but he would sure sing his heart out......Morgan is a chip off the ol' block. She even has several original songs in her repertoire. We have our very own "American Idol" in the house and she gets all of Gran Jan's votes!!

Thanks Morgan for lighting up my life. Kennedy does the same every time she looks at me. Have you ever seen a sweeter face on a child?

Love to all,
Gran Jan

Erin said...

She is adorable...enough said!

The Wiemers said...

That is funny! She loves the attention. Poor Kennedy and her eye. Bless her heart!

mondie said...

That Morgan is special and Kennedy too. We are anxious to see them.