Sunday, June 15, 2008

Weekend Part 1

Morgan even had Gran Jan going down the slide into the water. Poor Gran Jan!
Jocelyn (Jason's sister) and Kennedy
Sweet face!
Jocelyn and Morgan
Eating our Cajun cones after Morgan and Kennedy had their baths!
Jocelyn (I mean Bluebonnet the horse) and Morgan. You can see a doll bathtub is Bluebonnet's saddle. A jump rope is her reins and halter.

On Friday, our really good friends from Wichita Falls who are moving to Cedar Park came over around 7:00 and we enjoyed catching up with them. They have two boys and the kids played non stop! It was wild in our house... Morgan hung with the boys even when they were wrestling... she's tough as a boot and not scared of much! We did have one little accident, Ty (their youngest) fell off the back of our couch onto our tile. I told you it was wild!

On Saturday, Jason's mom, sister, Dad, and cousin came down. We went to Perini's for lunch again so they could see how beautiful it is out there! It's Jason's new favorite place and their lunch prices are very reasonable. I had a prime rib sandwich on sourdough bread for $6.95 and I could have shared it with someone b/c I only ate half.

After lunch, we spent the afternoon swimming, playing on the slip and slide, and eating Cajun Cones. Well, actually I can't say we, b/c I watched. Morgan also saddled Jocelyn up and rode her. Her name was "Bluebonnet" and she was juicy. That's what my Dad calls a horse that hasn't been ridden much and needs to be rode to settle down (I guess??). Poor Gran Jan had to go down the slide and play in the pool with Morgan most of the time.

Today, my parents were down (weekend part 2)... I'll post on that tomorrow. We are so blessed to have such wonderful families and especially grandparents who will do just about anything for their grandkids. So blessed! Happy Fathers day as well!

On another note, my Pa Paws brother passed away Thursday. He was the last of 5 brothers. He was the BIGGEST ACU FOOTBALL FAN EVER! He had not missed a home game in 61 years. Isn't that unbelievable! He was 86 years old. Here's a link about him on ACU's website... http://www.acu.edu/news/2008/080613_McDaniel_obit1.html.

4 comments:

ajphillips said...

Oh my goodenss. Poor Jocelyn and Janet. I bet they had tons of fun though!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a weekend! What a sweet story about your Pawpaw's brother. Sorry about his passing, but he obviously enjoyed life. If your not busy Wednesday or Thursday plan to come over to play. :-) Talk to you soon.

The Wiemers said...

Those are cute pictures. I am glad they got to come down. What we will do for kids.

Anonymous said...

It is always wonderful seeing family and I am especially glad when Jocelyn has a chance to be with the Johns' family. We are so proud of Morgan and Kennedy as well as their parents.....

Life is precious and family is the sweetest blessing. I am always so thankful for any opportunity we can spend time together.

Until our next visit......

Love to all....."Big Mama" Gran Jan (one of the names Morgan has given me when we are playing together)....