Tuesday, June 10, 2008

1 week old!

Kennedy is one week old and is proving to be an little angel. Seriously, she is the best baby! Morgan was such a great baby, but this little munchkin never cries. I know she's only a week and this can all change, but she went 5- 6 hrs. b/w eating twice last night. 10-3:30, 3:30-8:30. She may have gone longer, but I woke her up. Morgan is with my parents until tomorrow and I'm not getting much done, b/c I just want to hold her all day. We're probably not having any more kids so I want to enjoy this time as much as possible. We also went to our 5 day checkup yesterday and she had regained her birth weight and was doing great!

NEWS UPDATE: Kennedy went from 9:30-3:30 and 3:30 to 9:30 b/w feedings last night. I can't tell you how excited I was. I'm hoping she's getting on a good schedule and this will last! We're doing Baby Wise and waking her up every 3 hours to eat during the day and letting her sleep at night until she wakes up. When she did wake up, she didn't even cry, she just laid in her bassinet looking around and grunting. Of course, I hear and am awoken by every peep, so I woke up immediately.

I wanted to make sure I had that on my blog, b/c I plan on having my blog printed each year(Ashley knows the site that has that service available), since I don't scrapbook and want to make sure I have everything written down. With Morgan, I forgot to write a lot of things down. Ya'll may get tired of all my updates but with babies, there are so many new happenings every day it seems. That's what I love about blogging, you can record things quickly and easily and it's easy to go back and be able to cherish those memories.

7 comments:

SanDee said...

That is GREAT! I understand just wanting to hold her all day. I went through that with BOTH of mine. I really never got anything done. OH well time goes by so fast. We need to cherish these moments. My sister just had her oldest graduate from High School. It is just amazing how fast the past 18 years has gone. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

How come you get the children who sleep well and late? Jake is a good sleeper just gets up so early. Glad all is going well. What is this "probably" our last one...I thought that was final? LOL Come down for a visit during the day, Gracie always talks about Morgan. We can pull out the slip and slide. Just call! By the way, I am surprised Morgan agreed to leave Sissy!

Anonymous said...

Kennedy ad Morgan are truly gifts from God and I try to remember to thank Him everyday.

Chores and housekeeping and errands can wait. (and believe me it will all wait on you b/c it never goes anywhere!)....Hold and love and enjoy those Little Ones every chance you get...truly in the blink of an eye those lil ones are walking across the stage......

Love to all and I am on countdown to return to Abilene Saturday.

Gran Jan

Glenna said...

Can't wait to see Kennedy today when we bring Morgan back. I asked Morgan if she was ready to go home this morning and she told me she wants to go home tomorrow (Thurs). I think we wore her out last night. I will post later on my blog pictures of all her activities while she was in Olney. She has been a sweetie. Glad you all are doing well. I liked the comment to that this will "probably" be our last one too. Ha!

Ashlee said...

I bet you are wanting to hold her all the time, she looks so sweet!! I'm so glad she is letting you get some sleep!! Enjoy that sweet family of yours!!

SanDee said...

I loved baby wise too. I used it with Sydnee and it was wonderful. She was sleeping through the night by 6 weeks. I wish I had known about it with Hunter. Oh well. sounds like your family is just doing great. That is wonderful.

The Wiemers said...

I can't believe she is already 1 week old. I am glad you are all doing well.