Sunday, May 18, 2008

Just add baby!

It's 2:00 a.m., and my house is officially spotless. Seriously, it's the cleanest it has ever been! My parents got here last night, we went and aet some catfish, and then Mom and I got started cleaning my house around 8:00. We started in Kennedy's room and were able to get her room, Morgan's room, and the extra bathroom cleaned literally from the crown molding to the baseboards by 1:00 a.m. This morning we started around 9:00 and have been going all day with the exception of a few hours that my parents went to a wedding in Albany. I stayed and went to Walmart, took a short nap, and got started cleaning out the drawers and cabinets in my bathroom. We have cleaned every nook and cranny including taking the pictures off the walls to dust, cleaning all the greenery, baseboards, fans, putting Old English on all the cabinets, completely cleaning out and organinzing all the drawers, closets, and cabinets, cleaning blinds, curtains, windows, rugs and shampooing carpets (well, I actually had that done on Friday). We've filled up our entire trashcan as well as a few boxes of things to donate to the Salvation Army. Man, it feels good!

My mom is the hardest working person I know and she is so good at cleaning. My back was really sore today and we may both be really be sore in the morning. Kennedy's room is completely done (we finally got the curtains figured out) and I'll post pictures tomorrow. I sure wish it would stay this way. Jason and Morgan are visiting his Mom and sister this weekend and Jason is also doing some recruiting. They are having a great time! Morgan missed 2 birthday parties today but she made them up in Odessa... she went to a wedding shower and another party tonight and Gran Jan said she had a great time playing with some little girls at the party. Jason said, "You're going to be in heaven this weekend having a clean house and no one to mess it up." Awww... he knows me too well, even though I consider my obsessiveness to be more of a curse. It's not always fun to have high (unrealistic even) expectations, especially with a 3 year old.

Now... we just need to add baby... 2 more weeks until Dr. Tadvick hopefully induces me. He said he would induce a week early. I visited Maggie's sweet baby boy, Jack, and Amanda's sweet baby girl, Kaycin and if holding a 1 week old baby doesn't make you have baby fever, I don't know what will. I'm so ready to meet Kennedy. When we were taking dinner to Clayton and Amanda, Morgan was touching Kaycin's arm and she said, "I just love babies." I'm sure it will be an adjustment, but I think Morgan is going to be a great big sister!

I owe a BIG THANK YOU to my mom! She's the best! We actually had a lot of fun cleaning! I sincerely enjoyed it and am so thankful to her for taking her weekend to clean my house!

2 comments:

Glenna said...

I know this sounds crazy Whit, but I actually had a great time. We had a blast cleaning and spending time together. Your dad said he has never heard of anyone that enjoys cleaning house. I am glad that it is all done for you. Now rest up for that delivery. We can't wait to meet Kennedy that is for sure. Thank you for all the hard work you did this weekend. You were a trooper even with that tummy of yours. I enjoyed every minute of it. I LOVE YOU so much and you know I would do anything for you. Thanks for the time we shared together.

Anonymous said...

Whitney, we certainly missed seeing you this weekend!! But it was great having Jason and Morgan and Jocelyn home. Except for a shower and a party for a new bide and groom we were home. We brought Granny to the house on 2 occasions and Morgan played, put on a brief concert and played some more. Jet and Jazz have not moved at all this afteroon since they headed back to Abilene; Morgan gave them a workout and when she was leaving she even gave them a kiss. What a Sweetie! Thanks for a great weekend and Whitney, glad you got some major things accomplised at your house. Take care and REST UP.....We Love You Guys!!