Monday, March 17, 2008

The room is done (well, mostly)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






This is the first time I've been on-line in 3 days. We have been so busy moving our office into our bedroom (I was nervous about fitting it all into our room but it actually looks really good and spacious), painting Kennedy's room, decorating,and cleaning up. We probably won't ever stripe a wall again! It was a lot of work but well worth it! I can't believe we striped Morgan's whole room and ragged our bedroom in the same weekend last year! Were we nuts???

I'm very pleased with how it turned out, but it looks MUCH better in person. I have a few more finishing touches to add and I need to change the hardware on the dresser, but otherwise, it's done! I'm not sure what to do with the curtains... I can't get them to look right. My plan to cover up the half moon window didn't work b/c the valance looked too short for the extra long panels. Long curtains that puddle on the floor are in style so I don't know if I should leave them puddled, have my mom cut them off, tie them back (tried, but didn't look right) or what!!! Any ideas???? I pinned them up so they weren't puddled and they look better. We'll just have to see... my mom had a good idea to balloon them or Melissa had a great idea to add another layer to make the valance a little longer.

We took Morgan to the Dr. tonight b/c she has an ear infection. It was her first ear infection since she got her tubes last June. She also has a cough and runny nose. She's been sleeping alot... until around 10:30 to 11:00 every morning plus a nap in the afternoon.

11 comments:

ajphillips said...

It is darling...I didn't realize that you were just striping one wall but it looks really good like that! I hope Morgan gets to feeling better...I knew she didn't feel good at all when she was at my house. All she wanted to do is watch TV and that definitely isn't like Morgan. Now that the room is finished, you can enjoy Spring Break.

Glenna said...

The room looks adorable. I am sure you all are glad it is all done.(Especially Jason. Ha!) My suggestion on the curtain is to pull the panels together on the rod and then swag them back with a ribbon tie. We can work on them this weekend if you want. Hope Morgan feels better. So she had a ear infection. Poor little thing.
I am glad the room is all ready. All we have to do now is wait for mom and Kennedy to do their job.

SanDee said...

WOW, Whitney, it looks incredible. You and Jason did a GREAT job. Kennedy will love it!

Ashlee said...

OMG...that is just too cute!! Ya'll have been busy!!! Great job!

Erica said...

The room looks beautiful just like I knew it would:) I cannot wait to see it in person...Kennedy is a very lucky little girl. I love the stripes!! definitely worth the trouble:)

Melissa said...

The whole this is beautiful! So much attention to detail and all your Canton buys are fabulous - way to go!! The only thing I can think for the window is to add a piece to the valance - something under it to make it seem longer. Maybe leopard?? With the baby, I think you'll want that window covered up to control the light. Can't wait to see the room in person!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! It is just beautiful!! You guys do good work! Now you can just sit back and enjoy it while we wait on Miss Kennedy's debut!!!

I love everything and I can't wait to see in person....!!!

Gran Jan

ajphillips said...

what are you going to do with your rocker since it is black?

Shea said...

I love it! You're so stylish and creative. Wish I had even a tad of creativeness!

The Wiemers said...

WOW!!! That looks really good! You may have to come help me with mine. Give Morgan a Hug and Kiss for me.

Shelley said...

It looks great!!!