Monday, January 28, 2008

And the decision is...



The brown and pink!!!! A lot of people liked the black, white, and green and I love it too, but I've fallen in love with the brown and pink flower fabric. The one in the picture is from Posh Tots and it's $510 for the 3 piece set, so I'm having a similar one made at www.themoderncrib.com. The lady is great and so cheap! She is making me 2 panels, a valance, crib skirt, sheet, bumper pad, 2 pillows, quilt, and a lamp shade for cheaper than the 3 piece set at posh tots. Here are the fabrics I have decided on. The bumper will be the pink and brown flower with the brown ruffle. The skirt will be the brown with the pink flower ruffle and the crib sheet will be the cream with small pink polka dots. I'm going to add the leopard as an accent- maybe as the bumper bows and somewhere on the lamp. I don't want to have a lot of it, just a few pieces of it here and there. The panels and valance will be out of the pink flower as well with maybe a leopard ruffle. I've just got to cross my fingers that the lady can get the pink Jacobean fabric. It has been discontinued and that's why I've been trying to decide so quickly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO LOOKS LIKE YOU FINALLY MADE A DECISION TONIGHT ON THE BEDDING. THAT WILL BE PRETTY. BE SURE AND CALL ME TUES AFTER WORK.

Lindi said...

Well, brown is my favorite color. Black is second. :) It will be beautiful. It's a girls nursery it should have pink. I can't wait to see it all put together with your amazing eye for detail. Congratulations on making a decision. I know it's a great sense of relief to have a plan.

Shelley said...

LOVE IT!!! Cant wait to see it done in that sweet new baby's room :)

Anonymous said...

Whitney as usual you have put a terrific combination together and it looks great. I admire your eye for decorating and coordinating colors and fabrics. The nursery will be beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That is going to look awesome. Can't wait to see it all put together.

The Wiemers said...

I think you made a good decision.