Tuesday, October 16, 2007

8 random things about me...

Melissa tagged me so I guess I need to think of 8 random things about me... here goes:

1. I have lived in Olney, Lubbock, San Angelo, Wichita Falls, and Abilene. Abilene is my favorite! People here are the best!

2. I was involved in EVERYTHING in high school (small town- 3,500 population, you had to be)... basketball, track, cross country, cheerleading, student council, class representative, FCA. I really liked growing up in a small town.

3. Now, I can't imagine living in a small town... no Target? What would I do? Save a lot of money probably!

4. If I can't spend any money, I just can't go to the store. I find something every time I go in a store. For example, on Sunday, I went to Target to get a card for a baby shower (that's all I went for). I came out with $70 worth of stuff. I just can't go... I have good intentions but no will power I guess. Although, I do take stuff back a lot b/c I hate trying things on in the dressing room.

5. I was in the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade in 8th grade. I performed with the NCA All Star cheerleading squad. A week in New York was amazing, but I wouldn't want to live there.

6. This is probably really bad, but I took Morgan to the field house around all the stinky, germy football players when she was just 5 days old. Building immunity! I guess it worked, b/c she's rarely sick. Morgan went to her first football game when she was 2 weeks old.

7. I love non-fiction books. I love to read parenting books, or any self help type of book. I need a lot of help, I guess!

8. When I was little, I always followed my Dad around. One day, I was following him out the door and he didn't know it. He shut the door on my right thumb. My thumb was in the side of the door with the hinges. Then end of my thumb almost fell off. You can still see the crease and my thumb and finger nail look funny now. My mom passed out at the Dr.'s office!

Tag, your it: Ashley, Kim, Kimberly, Shea, Robyn- the rest of you have been tagged by someone else I think.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Ouch! Getting a finger slammed in the door is painful!

And, I grew up in a small town too! It's funny to think I was on the debate team and the school mascot the same year!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for picking me. I will get my 8 up soon. I also enjoyed learning more about you! :-)

Melissa said...

Thanks for playing. I enjoyed reading your list!